Instead of asking your child "how was your day?" - try this!
You'll most likely get a blunt answer of 'good' if you don't change it up a little!
It is like when you ask your kids "what did you do at school today?" and their response is nothing.
You could try these questions every night before bed to connect with your little one.
- What made you smile today?
- What did you do that was creative?
- Tell me something that you didn't know yesterday.
- Can you tell me an example of kindness you showed/saw?
- What kind of person were you today?
If you do try this - comment below and tell me how it all went!